VALHALLA, New York, Sep 9, 2008 – The New York Cardiothoracic Group, heart surgery specialists at the Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, New York, recently added new content to their website to enhance the user experience and provide additional information to potential and existing patients.
The new content, added in September, 2008 includes a Frequently Asked Questions area that provides details on scheduling a consultation and what to expect before, during and after heart surgery. Topics include:
- How can I be seen by the heart surgeons at the New York Cardiothoracic Group?
- What types of surgery are performed by the heart surgeons of the New York Cardiothoracic Group?
- Where and when can I speak with a physician about my condition?
- What should I do to prepare for my consultation?
- What can I expect from my consultation?
- What happens after my consultation?
- What type of presurgical testing will I need?
- What happens on the day of surgery?
- What can my family do while I am in surgery?
- What can I expect after surgery?
- When will I be discharged from the hospital?
The New York Cardiothoracic Group plans to augment this section over time to provide visitors with more information on their practice and the latest advances in cardiac surgery.
About the New York Cardiothoracic Group:
The NYCTG is located at the Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, NY. Heart surgeons include Dr. Steven Lansman, Dr. David Spielvogel, Dr. Ramin Malekan, and Dr. Paul Saunders. Specialties include mitral valve repair and other valve procedures, thoracic aortic aneurysms repair, coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), ventricular assist devices, and heart transplantation.